MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
If your abstract was selected for a multimedia presentation you will be provided with a poster board for your poster presentation as well as a table for your laptop. Please note that neither a dedicated electrical outlet nor laptops will be provided. There will be a laptop charging station in the exhibit hall and electrical outlets in the convention center for charging devices. Please be sure to charge your laptop prior to your scheduled presentation.
We are not responsible for any computers or personal property left unattended in the exhibit hall.
The following guidelines have been prepared to help improve the effectiveness of poster communication.
Before You Travel:
- First, identify the two or three principal messages you have to convey. Choose a title that captures your main point. You should offer a comprehensive scientific presentation, even if offered by a commercial organization.
- Prepare a heading at the top of your poster indicating the abstract title, authors, and affiliations.
- Lettering should be at least 1 in (2.54 cm) high.
- Summarize current research in graphic form whenever possible; use charts, tables, graphs, pictures, etc. and minimize the amount of text.
- Arrange materials in columns and use "white space" to help direct readers logically through your poster.
- Prepare your poster on laminated poster paper or fabric and mount on the poster board with the board number provided.
- Posters should be self-explanatory but not comprehensive. You will supplement and elaborate during your conversations with others, but many people will view your poster when you are not present.
- Your presentation must be readable from distances of at least 3 feet (90 cm). Keep visual materials simple and clear.
- Provide information in smaller type below the heading. Details of methodology should be brief and should be placed at the end of the legend.
- Simple use of color can add emphasis.
- Do not write or paint directly on the poster boards.
Many airlines are now requiring that poster tubes be checked rather than brought as carry-on luggage. In case your poster does not arrive, we suggest you bring a smaller version of your poster presentation on A4 size paper as well as a copy of the presentation on a USB thumb drive. There is also a FedEx Office printing location within the convention center. If you are interested in their services, you can contact them at email@example.com or 617-954-2725.
- The poster-board usable surface area is 66 inches wide (1.7 m) x 44 inches high (1.1 m). Please be sure your poster does not exceed this area.
- Push pins will be provided. Authors may bring their own push pins and thumbtacks.
- Do not leave personal materials or belongings at poster boards or in the poster area. ISAC/CYTO is not responsible for any articles left in the poster area or elsewhere.
- All poster boards are pre-numbered. Please be certain to mount your poster on the correct board.
- You must register and wear an official CYTO 2017 badge to access the poster area.
Poster Display Dates and Hours
- Posters must be placed on the assigned poster board number from 1600 – 2000 on Sunday, June 11 and remain on the board throughout the Congress.
- Poster material must be removed from the board between 1415 – 1430 on Wednesday, June 14.
- The poster area will be open for viewing Monday, June 12, from 800 – 1900, Tuesday, June 13, from 800 – 1700, and Wednesday, June 14, from 800 – 1400.
- Authors should be at their poster for presentation and discussion as follows:
Monday, June 12
1715 – 1845
Poster Session 1
Authors of ODD numbered poster boards present
Tuesday, June 13
1515 – 1645
Poster Session 2
Authors of EVEN numbered poster boards present