Saturday, April 28, 2018
1500 - 1800
The advancement of cytometry depends on the translation of innovative research into useful, accessible tools that can catalyze new biological understanding. CYTO Innovation is the forum within ISAC that explores the challenges and opportunities for translation of new cell analysis technologies into commercially viable products and services. CYTO Innovation provides:
- an opportunity to learn about the translation of ideas and discoveries into products and knowledge
- the skills required for progressing from a research finding to useful products with impact
- a unique platform for showcasing innovation in relevant industry sectors
- engagement with a knowledgeable network of entrepreneurs, executives and other business people
CYTO Innovation is part of ISAC’s wider mission of advancing cytometry and aims to serve members and Congress attendees seeking to translate their research into high-impact products and services. It is open to Full Congress Registrants; no additional fees apply.
Introduction: Virginia Litwin
CYTO Innovation Scholars: John Nolan
CYTO Innovation keynote talk: Dr. Serena Scala,
San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy
Technology showcase five minute presentations
CYTO Innovation Award
Showcase Your Innovative Technology at CYTO Innovation
A highlight of CYTO Innovation 2018 is the Technology Showcase. The 5 minute Technology Showcase presentations allow scientists and engineers who seek to commercialize new technologies for cell analysis to present their plans to an audience of cytometrists, entrepreneurs, investors, and businesspeople. Several presenters from past CYTO Innovation sessions entered business arrangements with large companies following their presentation.
A technology showcase presentation should:
- Define the proposed product or service.
- Highlight the novelty of the idea/invention/service.
- Identify the application area and the impact the technology will have on the practice of cytometry.
- Describe the level of implementation/position in the product development plan.
- Provide a short, concise description of the plan on how to take the idea to market.
- Ask for feedback from members of the audience.
Applications to present in the showcase should be submitted by clicking here
. Main criteria for choosing the showcase presentations are aspects of the technology distinguishing it from existing technologies and its potential impact on science and/or medicine.
For the presentation at the conference the CYTO Innovation presentation template
must be used.
Application Deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018
Applications will be reviewed by the senior ISAC leaders and scientists who make up the CYTO Innovation steering committee. Results of that review will be sent to applicants by Monday, April 9.