Call for CYTO 2018 Workshop Proposals
Planning is underway for the Workshops Program at CYTO 2018 in Prague April 28–May 2.
Workshops will be scheduled in concurrent ninety-minute sessions throughout the Congress.
ISAC is now soliciting proposals from cytometrists for CYTO 2018 Workshops, with emphasis on areas involving controversy or lack of consensus on best practices. Researchers from all areas of cytometry – industry, Shared Resource Labs, and institutions doing basic, translational and clinical research – are encouraged to submit proposals for workshops relevant to their needs.
Proposals for topics should be submitted online by Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Workshop Proposals should include the following information:
Workshops are intended to provide CYTO attendees with an interactive forum in which to discuss cytometry-related problems and work toward consensus solutions.
- Workshop Title
- Intended Audience
- Problem Focus and Key Questions
- Organizer(s)/Facilitator(s), including short bio, CV and contact information for each format or agenda, including any speakers
- Desired Outcomes
They should define current practices, discuss limiting issues and generate an action plan. The specific format is less important than its appropriateness to the problem being addressed and the objective of productive interactions among Congress attendees.
Although workshops are often educational for participants new to areas impacted by the workshop topic, they are not intended to be didactic sessions per se
. Any presentations should be concise and intended only to frame or stimulate discussion of the workshop topic.
To help develop an exciting set of problem-focused, solution-oriented workshops relevant to attendee interests, the CYTO 2018 Congress Organizing Committee will use the following guidelines when selecting Workshop proposals for inclusion in the Congress program:
- The problem focus should be clearly defined and include a list of 3-5 key questions to be addressed during the workshop;
- The intended audience should be clearly defined, and an estimate of likely group size included;
- A detailed agenda or format should be included, specifying the number and length of any formal presentations and the name(s) of any proposed speakers or panel members;
- A list of 3 - 5 desired workshop outcomes (preferably action items) should be included;
- A plan for integrating social media (i.e. online question submission, response tracking) should be included if relevant;
Final choice of Workshop topics will be made based on the quality of proposals, expected interest, and overall balance of the Congress program.
- November 14, 2017: Deadline for Workshop Proposals
- December 18, 2017: Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
- January 30, 2018: Submission of Final Workshop Abstract for CYTO Program