CYTO Innovation Technology Showcase
15:40 – 16:30
A highlight of CYTO Innovation 2019 is the Technology Showcase. The 5 minute Technology Showcase presentations allow scientists and engineers who seek to commercialize new technologies and services for cell analysis to present their plans to an audience of cytometrists, entrepreneurs, investors, and business development professionals from established corporations. Several presenters from past CYTO Innovation sessions have entered business arrangements with large companies following their presentation.
Among the Topics That Matter Are:
- Your motivation to start the business
- How does your technology differ from available alternatives/ existing solutions?
- The impact your innovation will have on the practice of cytometry
- IP position and freedom to operate
- How you plan to take your idea to market
- Your team
- Anticipated next steps and where you need help
Submit your application today
- Early stage companies with innovative products and services for cytometry; early stage is defined as pre-revenue to less than 5 million dollars in annual revenues.
- Scientists and engineers with ideas for innovative products for cytometry and a commercialization plan.
. You will be asked to answer the following questions:
- Please provide a short description of your product or service.
- What problems/unmet customer needs/market gaps do you want to address?
- Why is this product disruptive, i.e. capable of establishing a new state-of-play on the market?
- Identified challenge and business opportunity/ What will be the resulting impact on the practice of science and medicine?
- What are the innovative aspects of the technology / How is your product different or better than existing alternatives and competitors?
- Has proof of the concept been achieved?
- Is a commercial prototype developed?
- List relevant patents applied for/ issued?
- How you plan to take your idea to market?
- Please list your key team members’ experience and achievements
- What are the anticipated next steps and where you need help?
The 5 minute timing will be strictly adhered to. At the conclusion of the showcase presentations the panel of judges will vote to select the winner. The audience feedback will be gathered via live polling.
The winner will receive:
- An introduction to a top VC firm specializing in cytometry technologies
- Strategic business development advice from a large corporation on the lookout for new technologies/businesses
- An hour of consultation on how to navigate through the SBIR application process
- An hour with a successful business entrepreneur (past winners)
All participants will receive:
- Start-up pitch advice, a VC and strategic advisory perspective on key data elements that investors want to see from fundraising CEO’s.
- An hour with a cytometry expert.
- Publicity via CYTOMETRY Part A and ISAC/CYTO Innovation website.
All participating companies will be encouraged to submit a previously unpublished scientific manuscript for peer reviewed publication in Cytometry Part A.
The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2019
. Accepted applicants will be notified within thirty days and will present their pitches on June 22 at CYTO 2019. Are you ready to become the next big name in the cytometry industry? Heighten your skills of influencing others and join us to network through the course of the meeting in a supportive ISAC community.
We look forward to your presentation!