CYTO 2019 Abstract Submission Policies
The Abstract Submission Site supports the following web browsers:
- MS Internet Explorer version 10.0 or above
- Firefox version 40 or above
- Chrome version 40 or above
You may download a free copy of MS Internet Explorer at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads, a free copy of Firefox at http://www.mozilla.com, or a free copy of Chrome at https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop. Since some computer/browser combinations do not support the display of the full variety of special characters often needed for abstract submission, including Greek letters, you may find it necessary to use a different browser or computer.
Abstract Submission Important Dates and Deadlines
CYTO 2019 Abstract Submission Site Opens: November 30, 2018
Oral Presentation: CLOSED
Student Travel Award and SRL Junior Staff Travel Award: CLOSED
Poster and Multimedia Presentations: CLOSED
Late-Breaking Abstracts (consideration as a poster presentation only): Thursday, April 4, 2019, 11:59 PM HST
Be sure to check all your entries thoroughly before pressing the “Submit” button.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically. Abstracts will not be accepted via mail, fax or e-mail.
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Text cannot exceed 3000 characters including spaces and tables. The minimum length required is 1000 characters.
- Do not include the author information or title in the abstract text area.
- Presenting author MUST be the first author of the abstract. Once the first author is entered, it cannot be changed. To change the first author, the abstract will have to be withdrawn and a new abstract must be submitted (prior to the abstract deadline).
- You must select your preference for an Oral, Poster, or Multimedia presentation. Abstracts not selected for oral presentation in a parallel session will be scheduled for a poster presentation. Poster board information, including board dimensions, set up and removal dates/times will be provided in your programming notification letters. If your abstract is selected for a multimedia presentation you will be provided with a poster board for your poster presentation as well as a table for your laptop. Please note that internet service, dedicated electrical outlets, and laptops will not be provided. There will be a laptop charging station in the exhibit hall and electrical outlets in the convention center for charging devices. Please be sure to charge your laptop prior to your scheduled presentation.
- Invited speakers must submit an abstract of their talk. On the “Information About My Abstract” page, please be sure to select “Invited Speaker” as your presentation preference and the applicable session name from the “Invited Session” drop down menu. Please select “Invited Speaker” only if you have been formally invited by ISAC.
- Submission of abstracts is encouraged in all aspects of cytometry. To aid placement in the program, each submission should identify a topic category that is most relevant to the abstract. The review committee reserves the right to reclassify abstracts during the review process.
- You MUST complete the Student Travel Award Application to be eligible for the Student Travel Award. The required application and material, along with your abstract, must be submitted by Monday, February 11, 2019, 11:59 HST. The option to complete the student travel award application will be presented during the abstract submission process. Abstract submission is mandatory. If you withdraw your abstract, your student travel award application will be withdrawn as well.
- You MUST complete the Shared Resource Lab (SRL) Junior Staff Travel Award Application to be eligible for the SRL Junior Staff Travel Award. The required application and material, along with your abstract, must be submitted by Monday, February 11, 2019, 11:59 PST. The option to complete the SRL junior staff travel award application will be presented during the abstract submission process. Abstract submission is mandatory. If you withdraw your abstract, your SRL junior staff travel award application will be withdrawn as well.
- A formal application is not required for the President’s Award for Excellence, the Exceptional Student Award, or the Outstanding Poster Awards. All eligible abstracts will be considered for these awards.
- With regard to research using human subjects, ISAC endorses the protections embodied in the Basic Principles of the Declaration of Helsinki and their expansion in the regulations governing research supported by the U.S. Government (45 CFR Part 46; 56 FR 28003). ISAC does not endorse and will not publish the results of research that was not conducted in accordance with these principles. Investigations involving animals reported in abstracts must have been conducted in conformance with approved principles of the care and use of animals in research.
- Abstracts submitted for CYTO 2019 will be reviewed and scored by multiple reviewers from the Conference Program Committee. It is important for authors to take the time to prepare a quality abstract of the work they would like to present. Abstracts must include background, methods, results, and conclusions. Begin with an introduction, describing the area of the work and background for the reader. The methods used should be described, especially any new or improved techniques. The results should be clearly stated, and their significance in the context of previous work should be described in the conclusion. Reviewers will be asked to evaluate the significance, novelty, and impact of the work described and will assign a score on a scale of 1-5 (Outstanding, Very Good, Good, Marginal, Unacceptable). The resulting scores and comments, along with program balance considerations, will be used to organize the parallel and poster sessions.
- The Program Committee reserves the right to decline a presentation for any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
- Results or studies that have been published or that will be accepted for publication elsewhere prior to the submission deadline may not be accepted for presentation.
- After successful abstract submission, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that includes the submission ID number, log in name, password, and abstract title.
- The deadline to edit your abstract for oral presentation is February 11, 2019, 11:59 PM HST (this includes poster and multimedia abstracts submitted for a student or SRL travel award). The deadline to edit your abstract for poster and multimedia presentation is March 5, 2019, 11:59 PM HST.
- Please add CYTO2019@mirasmart.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so that you may receive important messages and notifications.
- Programming information (abstract acceptance letters) will be sent by email to presenting authors. Please check the important dates and deadlines page for notification dates.